Friday, April 2, 2010

~redeemed~

I woke up this morning unable to sleep, heavy-hearted and nauseous but not knowing why. (And before you ask, I'm not pregant!)

For some reason Good Friday is not really acknowledged too much in our denomination, so it's been easy to put the thought away in years past.  Just keep busy and the day disappears.  Before you know it, it's Sunday and it's celebration time! 

Some celebrate with baskets of candy and eggs delivered by the Easter Bunny (I haven't figured this one out yet!  Did they miss science class?), others celebrate by going to church then having a  family dinner (which is how we'll celebrate), and still others don't celebrate anything. But in all of the celebrations, will we remember the suffering?

This morning after waking and studying the Book of John, as I have been since September, when I thought of what today represents, I felt sick.  Sick at the thought that 2010 years ago, My sin nailed Christ to the cross.  Sins I hadn't committed yet, but sins that He knew I would. When I think of the soldiers and officials yelling at Him and spitting in His face, I see me doing the same to Him.  When I think of the person who actually drove the nails in, I cringe because I know it could have been me.  Not literally, but with my actions, doubts and denial at times.

I'm thankful today that I am a believer in Jesus Christ and my sins are forgiven.  Thankful that Christ suffered for me, and thankful that, as I heard someone say once, "Sunday's comin'"!  Three days after He gave up His spirit, He conquered death and rose from the grave.


As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.
"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "                                                                                                                     Mark 16:5-7


Are you so sorry for the sins of the past that you purpose to not get sucked in by them again?  Or do you say, "It's not that bad!" or "I'll do better later" without true repentance?


Think on what Christ did more than 2000 years ago for YOU  but don't let it get you down, because Sunday's comin'!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!