Tuesday, December 1, 2009

~broccoli~

So, can I just say that I have never been a fan of broccoli? Is it legal to utter those words as a mother? I can't even stand the smell of it cooking! Glen has, in the past, bought those Green Giant boil-n-bag things that have broccoli and cheese sauce, and the smell sends me packing every time!

Recently I was invited to a Pampered Chef party. I went because I had heard many friends talk about them, but I'd never been. They made the best recipe - which included broccoli! I couldn't believe I liked it. I still can't believe I liked it! I liked it so much I bought the ingredients and made it for my family - who ate it, but all didn't necessarily like it. What a disappointment this was to me. Glen liked it, but Glen never complains. Riley liked it, and he hardly ever complains, but Grayson didn't like it. Yes, she complains quite often:) I plan to make it again, and hopefully she'll "learn to like it". That's what my mom used to say to me when I didn't like something - obviously, after 20 years away from home, I learned to like broccoli, sort of:)

Ham & Broccoli Calzone

http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/public/us/pdf/calzone.pdf

I used sliced ham instead of diced. Also, no onion for the kiddos.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!