Wednesday, January 12, 2011

~one, t-who, three~

My purpose for posting today is three-fold.  First, I'd like to pass along another blogpost from my husband.  This makes two in one week!  I'm blown away that he found the time!  This one's a little convicting, but you're sure to be blessed.

Secondly, and definitely on a more serious note, if you know of anyone affected by cancer, you'll want to read this blog.  Julie Heppe is a local woman who has been battling breast cancer for 18 years and now the FDA is wanting to remove the drug that's been sustaining her life.  Please check it out, then contact your representatives.

Lastly, I have been tinkering with my blog design and would LOVE some feedback!  Who knew when I began blogging that the funnest part would be learning all the ins and outs of designing it?  I am so far from knowing all about it, but have come a long way.  I told Glen I thought I could honestly teach a class on this stuff.  There's so much to learn!  It's amazing that I haven't blown up my Google toolbar!  I'm still needing help changing fonts in the text body and would like to make custom tabs that match my header, but baby steps!  If you can give me some pointers or point me to some good websites that have helped you out, I would be so grateful!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I liked your comment on L&LI and clicked on your name. I'm just getting started on my blog and would love some tips on making the design more workable. My favorite part about having a blog is getting to write. I haven't changed my format design since I started even though it's not the best...I'm just afraid to mess with it...( = But I've enjoyed looking at your blog and all the cool features is has. I especially like the specific tabs at the top and the great pictures of your family on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! I took a look at your blog and I love it! I'm not too familiar with Wordpress blogs. Our church's page is Wordpress, but I tend to leave it alone most of the time:) I googled alot of information that I needed. Here's a link to show you how to add pics in the sidebar: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-a-pictureimage-on-the-sidebar
    Keep in mind that my pics are connected like that because we were in a photo booth. You just repeat the process for each picture.
    My advice is to just have fun designing it. Whatever you do, it can eventually be undone if you don't like it.
    Here's a link to add the tabs: http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/adding-extra-tabs-to-navigation-bar
    I hope that helps you!
    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!